NOTE: You must register for the event. To register online, click here. For details on how to register in person with one of the organizers, scroll down.
If you are a university student or a recent graduate, this workshop will give you the SKILLS you need to get EMPLOYED!
The workshop will:
- Enhance participants’ awareness of self and others using personality profile (Myers-Briggs 16PF), interests (Strong Interest Inventory) and perceptual measures (Johari Window).
- Discuss how these measures impact career choices and employability
- Explore how culture and discrimination may influence career choice and employability
- Provide work-related scenarios and effective strategies to overcome challenges Black graduates face in integrating into the Quebec labour market
The workshop will be facilitated and lead by Dr. Quentin Newhouse, Ph.D., M.S., and B.A. in Psychology. Dr. Newhouse possesses thirty-eight years as university professor/administrator and is a motivational speaker and internally certified Life/Executive Coach. He has conducted numerous career workshops in Canada and USA and has owned 3 businesses. He is currently the President of QNSCS Inc.
If you are in need of registering and paying for the workshop in person, you can use one of the three options below.
1. Contact ACSioN to arrange a time to register on campus
2. Register at BCRC
6767 Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, Office 497, Montreal, QC H3S 2B6
3. Register at CEDEC
1001 Lenoir, Office B-331, Montreal, QC H4C 2Z6