Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre is seeking a skilled professional to join its dynamic team to support the Centre’s finance and accounting functions.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities, supporting both the Centre and its Foundation. The Controller will ensure that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with the Personnel/Payroll manager and support Department directors in optimizing the finance function to support operations. S/he will partner with the ED and management team to enhance and better integrate finance, HR and IT functions.
• Process and oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems for the organization and the foundation, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulations
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures
• Coordinate all audit activity
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to the ED and Board/Foundation Board
• Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and help identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
• Oversee all financial, project and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period;
• Establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations, ensure coordination between the accounting and fundraising functions;
• Minimum of 7 years of accounting and finance experience, including accounting for investments, preferably in a non-profit organization
• Minimum of BA; CPA preferred
• Personal qualities of integrity, diplomacy and discretion
• Self-motivated, strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and with a team
• Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (SAGE, QuickBooks); experience in selecting and overseeing software installations;
• Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to financial and non-financial managers
• Experience working in non-profit community organizations with families from diverse cultures
• Familiarity with Little Burgundy and the needs of the community
• Salary commensurate with experience; 16-20 hours/week
Since 1927, Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre has served the residents of Little Burgundy, supporting them to overcome the systemic barriers of poverty and racism. We look for ways to join them as they advocate for themselves within the local and broader community and we support their efforts to build their confidence and realize their aspirations and individual potential.
Please forward your letter of interest and CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: April 10, 2017
Tyndale St-Georges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.